Adventures Abroad

Friday, April 20, 2007

Morocco Pictures





Two pictures of the Fez skyline from the rooftops of a couple buildings. I like the first because that cloud in the background looks a little like a tornado. Though the weather wasn't *that* bad, it was cold and a little rainy most of the time we were there. Note all the satellite dishes in the second picture. An ancient city, with the benefit of modern technology!




This picture was actually taken from the bus on the way to Tangier. I'm proud that I managed to keep the boy and his sheep (who were all running) in the frame as the bus zoomed by :)




This is in the main lobby or courtyard of the traditional riad we stayed in. Our room was the room right behind us.




Im not sure why this picture wont load up-and-down. I loved the donkeys! We saw enough of them, anyways! No camels, though.



A typical meal while we were in Morocco. (Though the dinners are mostly finished, cause we were too hungry to think to take a picture until the food was mostly gone). The glasses are sweetened green tea with fresh mint leaves. Yum! My dish was a kabab plate I think, and Rob's was couscous. Then the red stuff is a great spicy sauce, and the plate in the background is Moroccan cookies - really sweet pastries dipped in honey.

3 Comments:

  • hey lauren - i had no idea rob was so much taller... or you were so much shorter :) looks like you're having tons of fun - hope germany is just as awesome.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4/20/2007 12:52 PM  

  • It is a country of a dream.
    I have never been to Morocco, but looking at these wonderful pictures, only one wish is appearing into my mind-I definitely have to visit Morocco. Last year my brother went there to buy Morocco property, so he was astonished of the beauty of the country, of the city Fez.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1/21/2008 7:56 AM  

  • Good words.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/11/2008 9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home