Adventures Abroad

Friday, April 20, 2007

Im in Henley-On-Thames. It's the place where there are big rowing regattas on the river. In fact, you may have seen the Borat clip on YouTube where he interviews some proper old British men about the hippo on the logo and rowing itself? Anyways if not, don't worry about that. :)

Rob and I borrow his aunt and uncle's bikes and biked down to the Thames, and along it for a bit, then rented a rowboat and rowed down the river a bit right past where the regatta is. How fun is that?!?!

It's been an exceptionally relaxing day and a half. I can't remember the last time where I just sat outside on the grass in the sun and read for hours. And this family has 'tea' a half dozen times in an afternoon.... with all this liquid in me, I've sure had to use the washroom a lot!

Tonight Rob's mum and dad arrive here because this weekend his aunt and uncle are having a big party for their 25th anniversary. Tomorrow morning Rob's dad will drive us back to Stansted where we'll take the plane to Germany.


Fun Fact: Not only are British cars different with the steering wheel on the opposite side, but the brakes on bikes are opposite too! I almost wiped out just out of the driveway when I squeezed the brake for the front wheel instead of the back. Oops!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home